Digital Transformation & Innovation In e-Government
e-Government, Digital Transformation In Government, Innovating Public Policy & Service
Technology has brought about unprecedented opportunities to drive efficiencies, enable automation and change how society interacts and engages in all facets of life. The pace of change is advancing, as are citizen expectations, and globally Governments are, and need to, transform their operations to be more accessible, transparent, and accountable. Apart from aligning to the global trend to move to E-Government, countries need a clear and defined agenda and supporting process to drive change and leverage technology, as a global exemplar.
E-Government is ultimately about realizing the benefits of technology for transforming the way services are delivered to citizens and improving their experience through a ‘Citizen Centric’ model. This has created a pressure to e-enable, transform and innovate in an environment filled with buzzwords Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, Robotics…. etc, etc. Yet, Governments are mired in legacy and are not ‘start up’ businesses and are obligated to deliver policies and serve all citizens, including those not ready to embrace technology.
Technology must be applied as an ‘enabler’ at the right time for the right reasons and not just because it is available or the latest trend – the question in mind must always be ‘why are we investing in technology?’
This Peganix online training or In-prson seminar will highlight:
- E-Government – What is E-Government and how governments can adapt & deliver e-services, and encourage a shift to new services to improve the citizen’s experiences and how to define suitable Key Performance Indicators
- Digital Transformation – What is digital transformation really means, the benefits it can deliver and how to prioritize opportunities for automation, making use of the most appropriate delivery methodologies and seeking opportunities to share services
- Technological Developments – All too often people use technological buzz words or feel obliged to apply them when they do not necessarily understand the value & applicability. We will provide a brief overview of the current key buzzwords and how the technologies are being applied
- A Citizen Centric Approach – How are citizens expectations changing and how can we best meet their requirements by applying appropriate technology to the delivery of services
- Innovating Public Policy & Services – What is the role of the Government and how can it better develop policies to deliver outcomes and create a structure and environment for innovation that delivers efficiency and improved services to Citizens. Benchmarking and learning from others – successes and failures
- Excellence, Tools & Awards – Countries with a long-term vision for Public services, typically operate various tools, guidelines, & awards to drive change
At the end of this Peganix online or In-person training seminar, you will learn to:
- Recognize the opportunities e-government can bring and Identify and prioritize where technology can be best applied to drive efficiencies, enable change, and improve service delivery for Citizens
- To understand, analyze, and where to apply technologies appropriately, to enable a digital transformation that serves the Department and citizens
- Develop and implement a ‘Channel Shift’ strategy to encourage Citizens to take up and move to the most efficient e-enabled services
- Ask the right questions and have the confidence to engage in conversations when seeking support to deliver policies, e-enable existing services or seek to improve the citizen’s experience
- Recognize the needs of the ‘Citizen’ in all areas of work whether writing policy, creating a communications plan, or creating or improving a service
- Understand the meaning of a Key Performance Indicator, how to create them, and ensure that they align to the outcomes sought from the application of technology
- Have insight and basic understanding of the latest ‘buzzword’ technologies and their application
Who Should Attend?
This course is about enhancing participants’ knowledge and their role in supporting the delivery of E-Government and Digital Transformation to drive efficiencies and deliver Citizen-Centric Services.
This online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Technologist New to Government
- Business Process and Quality Employees
- Finance Managers
- Customer Service Managers
- Policy Writers
- Marketing & Communications Delivers
- Excellence Employees