This 5-day course equips engineers with the knowledge and skills required for the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of high tension (HT) and low tension (LT) switchgear equipment. Participants will gain hands-on experience in inspection, testing, and maintenance procedures for various types of switchgear.
Engineers, technicians, and professionals involved in the operation and maintenance of HT/LT switchgears in power utilities, industries, commercial facilities etc.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Classify different types of HT and LT switchgears and their applications
- Apply appropriate selection criteria for switchgears based on voltage, current, fault level etc.
- Interpret design and construction standards for switchgears
- Perform pre-commissioning checks and tests on switchgears
- Follow safe operating and maintenance practices for switchgears
- Diagnose and troubleshoot common switchgear faults
- Carry out preventive and breakdown maintenance procedures
- Perform insulation resistance, contact resistance and other tests on switchgears
- Analyze switchgear failures based on case studies
The course will enable increased safety, reliability and longevity of switchgear assets through proper operation, maintenance and testing procedures. It will reduce switchgear downtime and faults through preventive maintenance and early diagnosis of problems.
At the end of the course, participants will have gained well-rounded knowledge on:
- Different types of HT/LT switchgears and their selection
- Switchgear design, construction and commissioning
- Safe operating and maintenance practices
- Inspection and testing methods
- Preventive and breakdown maintenance
- Failure analysis and troubleshooting